What Practical Editing Does
We provide technical writing support for anyone; everything from final document reviews to complete document creation, from checking your spreadsheets to creating spreadsheets from hand written notes.
We usually work remotely, but can come to you in some cases.
We have particular skills in the following:
- Business Writing and Editing
- Business plans, business proposals, formatting, templates, CVs, selection criteria support, creating work instructions, workplace health and safety documentation, specifications, policies and procedures, JORC report construction and editing (http://www.jorc.org), grant and tender submissions.
- Charts and graphs, website content, brochures, powerpoint slides, infographics.
- Presenting information in a variety of forms to make it accessible to people of differing language and cultural backgrounds.
- Spreadsheets and Databases
- Formatting, calculations, graphs, chart creation, process flow visualisation, grant acquittal, scheduling.
- Project Management
- Onsite and offsite audit preparation support for Workplace Health and Safety and ISO9001 accreditation, including process flow, monitoring tools and documentation.
- P&IDs, floorplan markups, equipment lists, specifications, templates, report writing, technical specifications, developing standard operating procedures, process flow diagrams, equipment and instrumentation drawings.
- Website text and other text including blogs and articles.
- Ghostwriting and Background Research
- Ghostwriting is available for all services.
- Research for most types of writing and presentations.
Documents and spreadsheets can be returned with or without track changes shown as required. The above services are available for most document and spreadsheet formats.